Friday, July 19, 2013

On My Playlist: Hello Summer 2013

I like to say that all people have three mundane skills. These skills are most likely not useful in your professional or everyday life, but for what they lack in value, they make up for in spunk. One of my skills is making playlists. I would make CD's for my high school friends about three times a year without fail. I stopped doing that once CD's became obscure (firstly, it became harder to locate blank ones), but have decided that I should continue with the sharing process.

SO here is my Hello Summer 2013 Playlist, please ignore that the post date does not align with the start of summer.

Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Favorite Song - chancetherapper
Blankest Year - Nada Surf
American Girl - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Flux - Bloc Party
Sunnyside - Jackson Breit
Safe and Sound - Capital Cities
Mesmerized - Ja Rule
Trying to be Cool - Phoenix
Dat New New - Kid Cudi
Every Other Time - LFO
Drunk On You - Luke Bryan
Tightrope - Walk the Moon
When Did Your Heart Go Missing - Rooney
Ignite Cherie - White Panda
Lemonade - Daniel Revel Miller
Step - Vampire Weekend
Floats My Boat - TheAerMusic
Barefoot Blue Jean Night - Jake Owen
Carried Away (Viceroy remix) - Passion Pit


Additionally, if you want take a trip through summers past, check out NPR's Songs of Summer playlist, which   features 2-3 songs per year starting  with 1962.

No comments:

Post a Comment