Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year's Resolution: Fashion

Any of my friends will tell you I tend to think things through - ALOT, some may say, overanalyze...
This mindset translates into a lot of time spent investigating and mulling over options before finally making a purchase. This works well about 50% of the time. The other half of the time, all of the thinking goes out the window and I purchase items based on a whim because I get fed up with all the cerebral nonesense. This year, I really would like to get back to my core philosophy of spending money wisely and purchasing quality items that reinforce my style.

One trend that I am digging right now - the matching shirt and skirt. And I am determined to hold onto my bills and purchase this outfit by the end of the month!


Band of Outsiders - Breton Cutout Dress
Via Shopbop.com



Another goal of mine: a printed sweatshirt. Mary Katrantzou makes absolutely beautiful clothing, featuring colorful, vibrant scene prints

Mary Katzantzou
Via Shopbop.com


Many, alright, almost ALL of her items are out of my normal price range, but there's something about this sweatshirt below that's really calling to me. Let's see if I can save up some $$$, and purchase it while it's still winter outside. Oh, and this Folk version on the right is pretty great, too.



Patterned Sweater
Via matchesfashion.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment